Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse
Tarrant County College (TCC) is committed to maintaining a positive work environment for everyone in the District. Unethical conduct at any level ultimately hurts the College—and you.
If you know of any incidents of fraud, waste or abuse committed by a member of TCC, you are responsible for reporting it.
- Fraud is a type of dishonest act where a person obtains something of value through willful misrepresentation.
- Waste relates to taxpayers not receiving reasonable value for money in connection with government-funded activities.
- Abuse involves behavior that is not reasonable or in keeping with appropriate business practices.
How to Report
To report fraud, waste, or abuse occurring at TCC, you can:
- Talk to your supervisor
- Notify the appropriate administrator
- Submit an anonymous report online
- Call our toll-free telephone line
- English-speaking USA and Canada: 833-310-0009
- Spanish-speaking USA and Canada: 800-216-1288
The Texas State Auditor's Office Hotline
Colleges and universities are required by law (Texas Government Code, Section 321.022) to report suspected fraud or unlawful conduct to the State Auditor's Office (SAO) if there are facts (not just mere suspicion) that point to fraud or unlawful conduct. Persons or entities reporting fraud to the SAO do not have to establish probable cause and/or have a suspect. Persons who report fraud may choose to remain anonymous. The SAO investigates allegations of misuse and/or illegal acts involving state resources.
Contact the State Auditor’s Office
- Call: 1-800-TX-AUDIT (892-8348)
- Fill out an electronic form: Fraud Reporting page
- Send a report by mail:
State Auditor's Office
P.O. Box 12067
Austin, TX 78711-2067
Updated April 11, 2018